Delta 21996LF-SS Windemere Overview
Installing this faucet requires. A for a whole system. This faucet has 8-inch faucet centers. . Should you need it, the hot and cold stems are completely interchangeable. This Faucet can be installed into a deck that is up to 1 inch thick. It is recommended that you leave at least 2.5 inches from the faucet to the backsplash. This will assist in preventing damage as the faucet handles rotate. Delta offers a limited lifetime warranty on all parts and finishes. Should this be used in a commercial setting, then the warranty drops to 5 years.
The Basics of Fixing a Leaky Faucet
Nobody wants to think that they’re going to get a leaky faucet, and with recent innovations in faucet technology, it’s unlikely that it can happen. But if you have an older faucet or your new kitchen faucet happens to have a manufacturer’s defect, you might end up with a slight drip. Don’t neglect it, because a single drippy faucet can waste over 5 gallons per day and over 2000 gallons per year. Here’s how to diagnose that leaky faucet and save your water bill.
- When you have a leaky faucet, the first step is to turn off the water supply to the faucet itself. There will be a water cutoff valve underneath your sink. If there is no individual shut-off valve there, you will need to turn off the main supply line. Once you’ve done this, open the faucet all the way and let the excess water in the lines drain.
- Next, you should Identify the type of cartridge or gasket that you need. This means that you need to remove the handles on your faucet. The way to do this will depend on the model of faucet you have. You might have a set screw behind the handle that requires an allen wrench. You may also have a screw in the top of a faucet underneath a screw cover.
- After you’ve Remove the screw cover, remove the cartridge. You may need to use a crescent wrench to loosen the packing nut in the handle assembly. With some faucets, You will need a specialized tool to remove the cartridge. If this is the case, then the manufacturer’s instructions will usually tell you.
- Finally, Once you have remove the cartridge, you can replace it. And then reassemble your faucet in the reverse order.
- Once your faucet is reassembled, turn the water back on. If you notice that the faucet is still leaking, at this point. You may want to call a professional plumber for diagnosing the problem.
Features of the Delta 21996LF-SS Windemere Faucet
When It comes time to shop for a kitchen faucet, The last thing you want to do is search for important information like dimensions, flow rate, and other features. That’s why we put all that information in one specific section. This makes it easy for you to compare and contrast the different models you consider.
- Spout Height: 6-3/4 inches
- Spout Reach: 8 inches
- Overall Height: 11-5/8 inches
- Handle Height: 3-3/4 inches
- Sidespray Height: 5-3/4 inches
- Flow Rate: 1.8 Gallons Per Minute
- Water Connection Size: 3/8 inch
- Faucet Hole Size: 1-5/16 inch
- Faucet Centers: 8 inches
- Ceramic Disc Valve Cartridge
- ADA Compliant
- Low Lead Compliant
- Lifetime Warranty
With its classic to handle styling, this Delta Windemere faucet is excellent for any homeowner. With the included side spray and the classic stainless steel finish, This is a perfect match. For nearly any decor. Should you still be looking to shop for other faucets, We have multiple in-depth kitchen faucet reviews available for your consideration.